Journeys

Journeys
Why do they cover the bridges? Anyone know?

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Did I complain about cold, rainy weather?


Silly me! But don't worry - now I have something new to complain about: heat. Humid, merciless heat. I know, never satisfied. Actually, I feel very satisfied when I'm in an air-conditioned building. Just not when I come home to my sultry, AC-less house.

So, in answer to your inquiries, yes, I'm back in Boston. And in case you haven't heard, the East Coast is experiencing a heat wave. Record temperatures. And I am lucky enough to be here for it! Yay! If one has a fan, it's not too bad, really. I learned on my mission to sleep with nothing on (except garments, of course), and that skill serves me well now. Boy! We've come a long way since the frigid days where I wanted nothing more than my heating blanket, eh? But I don't mind it, really. I'm like my dad - he could always handle the heat better than my mom.

I have been working on campus getting ready for a conference on Israel happening next week. I'm kind of excited for it! It's a big deal, and I get to meet a lot of really interesting and important people. And the building is air conditioned, so that's nice too! I'm told that the school where I have my Hebrew program in Vermont is not air conditioned. Yikes! And the food isn't too great. This may be the best weight-loss program ever! Bad food, heat that makes me not hungry (and this is true!), and a bike that I'll ride all over the countryside in my down time. I'm not allowed to read, watch, or speak English, so that may be my only escape.

I would like to end with how much I enjoyed my visit home. I saw so many friends, and had such a nice time with my family. I got to see several dear friends married, and wish others well that I won't be able to be with when they are married. I feel, and have long felt, very blessed for such wonderful friends. And for my beautiful family. I still believe that one of the greatest evidences of God's mere existence is the unexplainable phenomenon of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment