Journeys

Journeys
Why do they cover the bridges? Anyone know?

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Boston in the fall, take 3

Friends: it turns out I didn't actually finish or publish this entry (from clear back in early October).  But it's kind of fun, and all true, so I'm going to publish it as is.

I can't really say whether it is because my expectations have lowered, or because this year the colors of the trees really are better, but I just can't help but come to the conclusion that this fall Boston is much more vibrant than the other two with which I can compare it.  My vantage point is also much better (from the 3rd floor of the Mandel Center, at the top of the already-tall Brandeis hill).

The weather is certainly nippier than last year as well.  But that didn't stop me from a quick dip in Walden the other night.  It was a bit of a jolt at first submersion, but then our bodies acclimatized and we treaded water comfortably for quite a few minutes.  It was a glorious night, even though it was my first night as the leader, and I led us a bit astray for the first little while.  That, along with my headlamp that kept blinking out on me, made the finding of the pond a great relief!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, swimming in Walden pond sounds exciting and so cold in the middle of the fall. I'm sure it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete