Journeys

Journeys
Why do they cover the bridges? Anyone know?

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Forget Boston in the fall! Let's talk Boston in the Spring! And new journeys!



(Waiting in the wee, cold hours of the morning for the darn Brits to attack. They finally did.)


I'm serious! Boston in the spring puts Boston in the fall to shame! You have never experienced the trees blooming like this! A world of fluffy colors all around! And Magnolias - my favorite! And the colonial day reenactments? So much fun!

And then there's Vermont, wherein lie the quaintest, pleasantest places to visit! Never mind that there's still snow - it is beautiful. And in case you were wondering, I get to live in it (Vermont) for two months this summer. It will be splendid.

I love having set a goal of doing "firsts" - because firsts pop up around the corner all the time! Going to Vermont - a first. Visiting the birthplace of a prophet of God - a first. Seeing a squirrel with an acorn in his mouth - a first. Arising at 2:30 a.m. to watch the British soldiers beat down the poor colonists in Lexington (but don't worry - they get stopped in Concord! And we win the war!) - a first. I'm having a blast. Now, if I could just get the terrifying firsts out the way that are looming over me - writing two 25+ page papers. (BIG sigh.)


Loving life - and needing more time in which to enjoy it. But so very grateful. I have been so blessed. Enjoy the pics of my latest adventures!

2 comments:

  1. What fun adventures you are having. I love it. Why are you living in Vermont for a couple months. What a beautiful area of the country you are living in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to a summer language program to work on my Hebrew. It's at a school in Vermont called Middlebury. That's all.

    ReplyDelete