Journeys

Journeys
Why do they cover the bridges? Anyone know?

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hurricane?

Have you ever been attempting to do the same thing over and over, to no avail, even though you know it can be done, and is not even hard, and gotten so frustrated that you begin making strange gutteral noises, trying to keep from screaming outright? That is what I have been doing for the last couple of minutes - this computer (Shirla's, my landlady) completely closes the internet each time I try to post a picture on the blog, or do anything that it considers a pop-up. So, I'm going to take a deep breath, and try this post again, and NOT scream. I'll post pictures later. (Big breath..."Serenity now...")

So, about this hurricane business. A great disappointment. I was rather excited to say I'd been in a hurricane, but it never quite made it up to us in Boston, and all we got out of it was an evening of rain - no wind, nothing! I've experienced much worse storms in Utah!

BUT, I do have some exciting new things to report. Actually, I realized I had left out some of my firsts! Silly me! We're getting really close!. But before I list them (I know - you're anxiously waiting, but hold your horses just a minute), I have to say that I'm not sure that one of my old firsts should count. I hope Boober will forgive me, but I just don't think my dressing up crazy and going out in public should count. After all, I've done that dozens of times, as each October 31 came around (when I was a child, of course...). And, when I was 17, I did it once with my Aunt Debbie - we dressed up as gypsies (actually, I was playing a gypsy for my neighbor's birthday party, and telling fortunes to the little girls. It was rather fun!) and went to the store and handed out candy to surprised and delighted little kids, with suspicious parents. And it wasn't even Halloween! My Aunt Debbie was so much fun that way.

So, I'm going back one. That's a good thing, as with the ones I have to add, it would equal 30 already, and I want number 30 to be a bang. So, please let me know if you have any suggestions.

26. I did, indeed, walk a cat. Two, in fact. They weren't happy about it - the little wimps couldn't handle being outside. (Late July, 2010)
27. I did, in fact, visit Niagara Falls, on our way out here. I forgot to mention that earlier. It was a spectacular experience, and we were drenched. When I can, I'll upload pics. (August, 2010)
28. I have begun grad school, something I have never done before. It is terrifying, difficult, and satisfying, all at once. (August 26, 2010)
29. One of my favorite experiences so far: I went with some of my new ward friends to Providence, Rhode Island to see Waterfire. It was very cool - and, again, when I can, I'll upload pics. The basic concept is literally a bunch of bon fires floating on the water, and a large festival-type atmosphere, except more sophisticated and romantic, as thousands of people just wander and enjoy the ambience. (August 28, 2010)
30. ????

So there we are folks. I'm counting on you to suggest a perfect number 30. It has to be doable, and cheap, and incredible, all at once! And my birthday is coming up in October...so let's start thinking seriously here.

That said, I'll be off - back to my studies (yep - I'm studying even on a Saturday. Ah, the life I have chosen to lead...)

1 comment:

  1. Love you, miss you, CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!! You are regularly in my best thoughts and prayers :)

    -Heather Litster

    ReplyDelete